Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fake Empire

Hello Friends!

I am sorry for not writing anything yesterday. It was an insanely busy day for me. So many positive things have happened the past couple of days, I don't know where to begin. However, I can say that I had a very big heart-to-heart with myself so I suppose that is where I should start.

So, for the past year and a few months my wife and I have had one vehicle. On the surface that doesn't seem like a big deal, except that it's a 30ish minute drive to work and my wonderful wife wakes up at all hours of the morning to drive me there and then, instead of driving back home before she goes to work, she finds a coffee shop in the area to go to for almost three hours before she starts her own job. Wow. I mean, it never ceases to humble me and amaze me that she does that for me, day in, day out, rain, snow, or shine. For the past couple of months especially, I have been getting really aggravated with the whole "one car " thing because I know what a sacrifice my wife is making dropping me off and picking me up every day. It's a waste of gas even with her not going back home... I could go on about the inconveniences but I won't.

Anyway, so we also like to spend the time driving to work every day saying a rosary and I have to say, this has had a tremendous impact on our relationship. Our Lord and Mother Mary have just inspired us and blessed us so much through our daily prayers. I don't share this to brag, or to try and seem pious (because I am NOT), but rather to show the positive. What a habit to have going for us! It is such a great time, in the midst of the chaos and mayhem that is the traffic in the area, we are able to pray for our relationship, for our family, and our friends. So I decided that, no matter how much of an inconvenience it is, I am just going to continue being completely humbled by my wife's love and dedication and completely grateful for this wonderful time of prayer we are able to have every single day!

God bless you all! Stay positive my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment